About the country
Mauritius, an Indian Ocean island nation, is known for its beaches, lagoons and reefs. The mountainous interior includes Black River Gorges National Park, with rainforests, waterfalls, hiking trails and wildlife like the flying fox. Capital Port Louis has sites such as the Champs de Mars horse track, Eureka plantation house and 18th-century Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Gardens.
- Mauritius Company portrays a good image to your Clients
- Great reputation for prominent trade operations
- Exemption from stamp duties, registration duties or other such fees
- Royalties paid to non-residents are exempted from taxes
- High confidentiality, no public records
- Bank account in Mauritius
- Not blacklisted
- No tax on income and dividends;
- No capital gains and inheritance tax;
- No exchange control restrictions;
- Standard corporate tax rate of 15% is reduced to a net effective tax rate of 3%;
- Free repatriation of profits, dividends and capital.
About that Regulating body :
The regulator and supervisor for this activity is the Mauritius Financial Services Commission. Our experienced team in Mauritius will help you and guide you through the licensing process, preparing your paperwork, giving you priceless input and delivering more services than most Corporate Services Providers are offering.
Licence name :
- Foreign Investment Dealer Licence – Commodity Derivatives Segment; or
- Foreign Investment Dealer Licence – Currency Derivatives Segment
- Issued by: Financial Services Commission (FSC), Mauritius.
- Under Mauritius Financial Services Act 2007 and Securities Act 2005.
Accounting and Audit
- The Company will be required to fil audited financial statements and tax return within 3 months from its balance sheet date.
- Audit should be done from Mauritius.
- The authorities may do half-yearly audit of the Company.
- Accounting records should be kept at the local offices of the administrator.
The capital requirement / paid-up capital for a FX / Securities Dealers licensed entity in Mauritius is only 30,000 USD (excluded of the setup and licensing price - can come from other entities, e.g. based on board resolutions).
- Application for reservation of company name
- Preparation and submission with the Financial Services Commission (FSC) for the application of a Global Business Company Category 1 License
- Preparation and submission of the application and incorporation documents to the Registry
- Incorporation of the company
- Opening of the local bank account
- Obtaining the License
Documents Required :
- Notarized copy of valid passport (each of Director or Shareholder)
- Notarized copy of proof of address (ex. Utility bill of each Director)
- 2 Character reference Letter issued by professionals (of each Director and Shareholder)
- Bank reference (of each Director)
- Detailed CV dated and signed by applicant (of each Director and Shareholder)
- Certified Diplomas of Higher Education
- Notarized criminal record
- Detailed business plan
Company Formation in 2 Days